A delicious, filling, nutritious salad recipe!
Please note that this review/recipe was not paid for or sponsored by any third party. The opinions in this review are strictly my own. I am not affiliated with Costco or any of its suppliers. I am just a fan of the company. I write these honest reviews to help my fellow shoppers.
I posted my review for the #Costco Taylor Farms Asian Cashew Chopped Salad Kit and included a picture of the bulked up version I make for Sean and I to turn it into a meal.
By using this recipe you can add your own ingredients to make it more homemade if bringing to a shower, BBQ or potluck. You can also use this recipe if you want to turn the kit into a full meal for dinner or for lunches. This salad once made will last 2 days if refrigerated before it does not taste as fresh.
1 Asian Cashew Chopped Salad Kit from Costco by Taylor Farms
10 Extra almonds chopped and toasted in a pan until slightly brown
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, preferably Concerto brand. See my review for them here
1 cup diced cucumber
½ cup diced celery
2 green/yellow/red/orange (your choice) bell peppers chopped
½ cup diced carrots
1 avocado peeled and diced
1 chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper and olive oil, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces.
- Cook chicken breast and chop into bite size pieces.
- Empty salad kit into a large bowl including the cashews and won ton strips.
- Add all extra ingredients listed above.
- Serve salad, layer on top with chicken.
- Drizzle packet of dressing over top of served plate of salad, if you have a preferred dressing feel free to use that.
Let me know if you have any questions!