Healthy and convenient taco salad recipe!
Please note that this review was not paid for or sponsored by any third party. The opinions in this review are strictly my own. I am not affiliated with Costco or any of its suppliers. I am just a fan of the company. I write these honest reviews to help my fellow shoppers.
When I know it is taco salad night I actually get super excited and look forward to it all day. No lie, I will text Sean saying “It’s taco salad night”! I’ve found a hack for an easy taco salad that tastes delicious and is nutritious, it contains your carbs, fats and protein and fills you up. I use both the Baja Chopped Salad Kit as well as Kirkland brand ground turkey to whip this up.
1 package Kirkland brand ground turkey
1 Baja Chopped Salad Kit by Taylor Farms from Costco
1 taco seasoning packet
1 Cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 Cup diced cucumber
½ cup diced celery
2 green/yellow/red/orange peppers chopped
2 Tbsp diced purple onion (optional)
½ cup diced carrots (optional)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, diced
- Brown turkey in a skillet, drain fat and combine with taco seasoning packet.
- Empty salad kit into a large bowl including the tortilla strips and pumpkin seeds.
- Add all ingredients except the beans, corn and ground turkey on top of the salad.
- Combine black beans and corn with salad or you can serve them separately in a bowl so people can use however much they like.
- Serve salad, layer on top with black beans, corn and ground turkey.
- Drizzle packet of dressing over top of served plate of salad, if you have a preferred dressing feel free to use. If you want to make it extra healthy I suggest plain nonfat Greek yogurt or nonfat sour cream and salsa on top.
Any questions? Let me know! Happy taco salad night!